The Register Window
The Register Window lists all the registers and their contents for
the selected stack frame. It permits viewing the contents of registers
in different formats and some display customizations.
Any register that was not collected will be displayed as having a value
of "0x0". To collect registers, add them to the collection action in the
The Register Window will update the register contents in the display
to match the stack frame currently being viewed in the
Source Window and Stack Winodw.
Register Window topics:
The Register Menu provides on-screen access to the functionality of the
Register Window. To use any item from this menu, first use the mouse and
select (click the left mouse button) on any register cell. Users may then
The Register Display contains name and value pairs for each register
available on the target hardware. These "cells" are layed out as a
spreadsheet for ease of use.
- Change the display format of the selected register
- Remove the selected register from the Register
- Display All
- Display all registers in the Display. This item
is only available when a register was previously
removed from the Display.
To navigate the Register Display, use either
the mouse and left mouse button or the arrow keys on the keyboard to
highlight the appropriate cell. Users may then use the
Register Menu or use the Register Pop-up Menu to access special display
options for the Register Window.
All of the special functions of the register window are accessed through
the Register Pop-up Menu. To use the Menu, simply select a register (see
Navigating the Register Display) and click the
right mouse button. The Menu offers:
Change the display format of the register. Valid display types
- The register's contents are displayed in
hexadecimal (base 16).
- The value is shown as
a decimal number (base 10).
- The register is displayed in its natural format.
- The contents of the register are displayed
as a binary number (base 2).
- The register's contents are shown in octal (base 8).
- The raw contents of the register are shown.
- Remove the selected register from the display. To display
the removed register again, select the "Display All Registers"
option from the Register Menu or the Register Pop-up Menu.
- Display All Registers
- Causes the Register Window Display to show all registers,
including those which were previously "removed". This menu
item is only available when removed registers exist.